On April 23,2009,my class and I(excluding those who went for the Maths Olympiad)took our oral exam.We were dismissed at 12:30pm and had to be in the hall by 1:00.I was put in Group E2.I had to wait for roughly half an hour before it was my turn to take the English oral.When I did,I was really nervous.The teacher who took my for the oral was Mrs Florence Yeo.She was really kind.
The picture I had to describe was a picture at the zoo and it was holding an art competition.There was a couple riding an elephant and a peacock with its tail fanned out and 3 kids.Two were trying to sketch the elephant while the third was creeping up to the peacock and attempting to hit it.After that,we had the conversation.Mrs Yeo asked me if I had been in any other competitions before and if I could remember any competitions the school had organized.It didn't come to me straight away but I remembered the 'Design-a-bookmark' competition so I said that.After I was done,she told me I could go and she said I spoke very well.:)
Next was my mother tongue oral(Chinese).I went to the other side of the hall to queue up for the mother tongue oral.I had to wait another half an hour before it was my turn.When it was,I had to go to the AVA and take it.When I got there,the teacher who invigilated me was none other than Miss Chong,my mother tongue teacher:0
After reading the passage,I had to describe a scene at a book fair.Luckily I was revising and there was a picture of a book fair in one of the worksheets my tuition teacher gave me.There was a lot of things to talk about.Some people were browsing through books and others were buying them.But there was one boy in the middle who tried stealing one.Naturally,that one caught my attention and I talked about it.When Miss Chong asked'最因此你的注意是社么?'It means which point best attracted my attention,I replied the part about the boy trying to steal the book(Naturally)
After I was done,Miss Chong said my reading wasn't that bad and that I could go.After that,I bought myself a packet of french fries to reward myself.:) When my mother came,she asked if the oral went well and I told her not bad.She seemed satisfied with that.:)
I think I'll do well when the results for the oral come back.Well,bye.Have to practice for composition now.:D
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Oral exam on Apirl 23 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment