Hi to whoever wants to or read this boring post.Don't complain if you die of boredom.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED(LOL)!
We celebrated Racial Harmony Day on 21st July 2009.We had a concert planned,but thanks to H1N1(not really),we stayed in class to watched the concert which was videotaped by several teachers.First,there was a demonstration of the different ethnic groups(Chinese,Indian,Malay,Eurasian) weddings.I liked the Chinese wedding best as I liked it when the bride offered some tea to her parents-in-law and got a hong-bao(free money.:P)
The next part of the concert was a skit on two neighbours,Mrs Teo(old lady) and a newly-married Malay couple.The Malay couple had some difficulty with something and Mrs Teo was constantly helping them.Over time,they became close and the skit said that Mrs Teo thought of them like 'two extra children'.As for me,I have two neighbouring families that me and my family are close to.One of them just moved away to another part of Singapore and a new couple moved in.My other neighbour which I've known since i was 7,are married with two sons who are about 15-18.I guess I could say i know them quite well as we usually invite them over for tea and celebrate Chinese New Year together.
The third part of the Celebration was the P5s and P6s doing a henna painting and the P3s and P4s making rojak.We got into groups of 4 and did the henna painting.Vincent was constantly saying that he would do the painting as he was "very good at drawing"(Yeah,right.Notice the inverted commas).In the end,he drew a cresent moon on Hao Yu's hand which was a little crooked.AT around 9:00am,the celebration finished and we continued with our lessons.The celebration started at around 8:00am and caused us to miss Math lesson.
When we went for recess,there were vendors selling different kinds of foods,not just the ones that were in the canteen.I didn't eat anything^^.
This is the end of my post,bye bye(Congratz on reading this far).
PS:the skit had a lot of grammartical errors.:P
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Racial Harmony Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment