International Friendship Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of August annually.This year,the theme for International Friendship Day is 'Getting to Know ASEAN' ASEAN stands for:Association of South-East Asian Nations.There are currently 10 countries in ASEAN.They are:Brunei,Burma,Cambodia,Indonesia,Laos,Malaysia,Philippines,Singapore,Thailand and Vietnam. Hence,the 10 yellow stripes on its symbol.
International friendship day first started in the USA in 1935.International Friendship Day is actually to dedicate a day in honor of friends.Gradually,the event gained popularity and soon was celebrated by many countries all over the world.In 1997,the USA named Winnie the Pooh as the Ambassador of Friendship(In my opinion,this is weird because Winnie the Pooh is a cartoon.)
International friendship day first started in the USA in 1935.International Friendship Day is actually to dedicate a day in honor of friends.Gradually,the event gained popularity and soon was celebrated by many countries all over the world.In 1997,the USA named Winnie the Pooh as the Ambassador of Friendship(In my opinion,this is weird because Winnie the Pooh is a cartoon.)
Having friends does not neccessarily mean just having friends in your own country.You can have friends in other countries too.In my case,I have several friends from other countries whom I met when I was in my previous school when they came to Singapore to study(I remember some of them only).
This year,my school held a concert to celebrate International Friendship Day.They invited an Indonesian woman over to talk about Indonesia and after that had a performance by the Angklung group(nice skirt,Cyril)after that we went back to class.I think it could have been a lot better though.'
I have reached the end of my post.GoodBye.:)
P.S:The link below is to international Friendship Day if you don't believe USA made Winnie the Pooh ambassador of Friendship.
P.S:Shorter paragraphs than usual.O_O
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Friendship_Day)

No comments:
Post a Comment