Friday, April 3, 2009

Healthy Eating

Hi,today's reflection is about HEALTHY EATING :) .In order to stay healthy,we have to eat a balanced diet of 2 servings of fruits and vegetables each with each meal.We should also exercise regularly.most adults and children like eating unhealthy foods like potato chips,sweets,foods with a lot of oil or sugar..etc..We must eat healthily otherwise we might contract diseases or fall ill.Some diseases include diabetes(eating too much sweet food) or obesity(eating too much food with oil)

In case you ask if I like to eat vegetables or fruits,my answer is:no.I don't really like eating vegetables(:P).I do like Kang Kong with chili though.I eat most fruits but my favourites are the golden kiwi and mangosteen.I believe everyone should eat healthily(including myself)as they have beneficial effects.One example is the fibres in them helping in digestion.

I support the school's champagne in encouraging pupils to eat more fruits and vegetables.However,this does not necessarily apply to pupils in our school.It should also apply to pupils in other schools(if they are reading this),adults and the elderly.By eating more vegetables and fruits,we are protecting our bodies against harm from germs viruses and illnesses.It also helps us to maintain a balanced diet.

We can encourage people to eat healthily by reminding them of the health risks if they don't eat their fruits and vegetables regularly(I guess).We can also create an awareness of the risk around us.By simply reminding your family to eat healthily regularly,you are already creating an awareness on it.This is the end of my post.Hope you enjoyed reading it.

PS:Mrs Azhar,you wrote:looking forward to you posts.:P

1 comment:

Splendid Six! said...

Thanks for highlighting the error, Darren. I somewhat agree with you that educating the children about the benefits of eating healthy is one way to make them realise the importance.